Menu

Blog Entry #2 - Meaning Photographs

Photographs are able to register and keep tiny moments to eternity. I particularly love taking photos of my friends and landscapes. And I also really enjoy printing and keeping them. I chose these two photographs below because they represent my best friends.
From the right to the left: Kelly, Gabriel, me, Pedro, and Henrique.
This picture was took last February; we were customizing the t-shirts for the Carnaval. One day before, we decided to organize a group and make the t-shirts. In my town, it is not a holiday, so we rented a van and went to the nearest city. It was really cool, and it was my first Carnaval. Our group's name is Alucicrazy (it's hallucinate + crazy), we took the name's idea from a popular soup opera in Brazil. These are my best friends in Brazil, we used to hangout, party, or just watch a movie every weekend. We had really good times together. 
Me and my boyfriend, and also best friend, Vinicius
I took this photograph during our Winter break trip, in Houston, TX. I met him, here, in Oswego. In a couple weeks, we started dating. It was something really spontaneous and I wasn't expecting this. He became my best friend, my boyfriend, and my home.  As we are from the same state, we have lot of cultural similarities, which ones I don't have with other Brazilians. He is my base here, the reason why I'm not feeling so much homesick, and the sunshine of my darkest days. I really appreciate this photo because we were watching the sunset (something we aren't able to do in Oswego's Winter). It was a beautiful sunny day, it wasn't warm, but it still was warmer than here. We planned this trip during months, and it was one of the great times of my life. We also traveled to New Orleans, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San  Francisco, but it was his idea to travel to Houston, where we could visit NASA, which was an amazing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment